Thursday, February 23, 2006

It's a Boy! And a Girl!

They're fine! They're alive! They don't have any congenital abnormalities (I made the doctor check six times)! Hell, I can't tell yet if either of them have the tree-trunk legs but I have to admit I couldn't give a flying fuck either way. Did I mention they're fine?

Apologies for not getting this up sooner - we just got home from hospital on Monday and then had a small bris and naming ceremony yesterday (with a sleepless night in between) so have only just surfaced. The ceremonies were very moving and emotional and difficult (circumcision is barbaric, don't let anyone convince you otherwise). We felt totally surrounded by love, which was amazing. R made a suitably inappropriate joke about using the mohel's services for a vasectomy, we over-catered - all was well in the universe.

Wow! To those people who said having three children in thirteen months was ludicrous, I have this to say - bugger me, you're right! If the last couple of nights are anything to go by (one wakes, screams for 3 hours, finally settles, the second wakes, screams for two hours, finally settles, but not before waking O, who screams for half an hour, finally settles just as Pepper starts barking...) we're in for a long, hard road.

But they're fine. And there aren't any surgeons I have to see every week. And so what if I haven't slept in days and I called R my brother's name earlier and the chances of us ever having sex again are slim - THEY'RE FINE!

Exxx-haaaa-lllle.

9 Comments:

Blogger Katy Newton said...

Hurray!

I am very very happy for you and your ludicrously large collection of children.

10:07 pm  
Blogger Urban Chick said...

waaaaaaaaahoooooooooooo!

sex...??

how to spell??

11:19 pm  
Blogger Lin said...

So very, very happy for you and your beautifully healthy children and well...just think how smug you'll feel in five years when ALL of your children are in school.

Did you get through the bris without crying? or fainting? or leaking milk on the mohel (sp?) after screaming nooooooooooooooo? Just curious! Hospital done or ceremonially done, C's are barbaric. I'm writing a letter of apology right now to my son!

4:02 am  
Blogger Calliope said...

wooo hooooooo!!!!!

So happy to hear from you!

3:56 pm  
Blogger Stacey said...

MAZAL TOV. You must be so thrilled with everything! We are still sitting and waiting for ours to decide to make her entrance. Knowing my luck, I will still be saying that for weeks to come. ;)

4:04 pm  
Blogger sbs said...

sitting here in an internet cafe in the Angel grinning like an idiot. so happy for you. it's great greater greatest

4:42 am  
Blogger Teri said...

O Joy! So happy for you. Exquisitely brutal is how a friend recently described new motherhood. That's pretty right on, wouldn't ya say?

Big love to you all! xo

7:01 am  
Blogger LJ said...

You are going to have a hard time trying to top this last couple years for sheer insane pressure. I hope.
I'm so glad the babes are healthy and you're okay.
I'm postively amazed to see these two blogs already! Already? On what sounds like no sleep.
Congratulations to you and R! And much love.

12:51 am  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Yay!

4:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home