Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Letter to my Daughter

My darling O,

I hope you will read this on a day when you have been running and jumping and stretching and rolling around. A day when you will be amazed to hear that you once had a spinal problem. And I hope you will feel the joy and amazement that I am feeling now. I am so relieved the operation is over. Now you can start to heal and grow, unhindered.

You are so brave, my precious girl. When the doctors poke and jab and examine you like a specimen in their Petri dish, your patience astounds me. Each day you bring us so much happiness, but today you have truly humbled me. Your spirit and purity and innocence give me the strength I need to endure the endless hospital hallways, the incessant beeping machines, the garish fluorescent lights. The torment of seeing you in pain. You came out of surgery and still managed to smile for me as I sat by your side. Each moment, I watch you become yourself. A self so beautiful, so lovely, so pure that it sometimes startles me.

Velvet child, you have taught me to feel with a depth I had no idea I could experience.
Love.
Always.
Mom.

9 Comments:

Blogger Urban Chick said...

oh gosh, i'm so pleased she came through the surgery OK

this is wonderful news

i wish her a speedy recovery

through misty eyes,
much love,
UC
x

11:02 pm  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

You brought me instantly to tears with your letter. Your darling O is so lucky to have such a Mom.

Sending healing thoughts to you and your baby girl.

Laura

3:33 am  
Blogger Calliope said...

So relieved that O is now in the healing stage. Your letter was klenex inducing (damn you!)
Hope recovery is swift & complete.
xxoo

6:46 am  
Blogger LJ said...

Oh damn. That's so wonderful, YC. I'm so glad. I've been checking your blog 3 times a day waiting.

7:42 am  
Blogger Teri said...

I'm crying here with all your other fans! What a beautiful letter.

Bless you and darling O.

1:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's beautiful.

I'm glad she's okay.

1:44 pm  
Blogger Lin said...

Dear Baby O (via her Mom, YC),

When you get to be a big girl, and are running and jumping and experiencing all the joys life has to offer, always rejoice in the fact that you have a mommy who loves you beyond explanation, beyond hugs, beyond tears and beyond the stars. Also know that when you were just a tiny, tiny wee girl, there were so many people all over the world who wanted nothing more from today than to hear you had come through your surgery and were ready to start healing.

Love and Kisses to you baby O,

Auntie Linda

3:02 pm  
Blogger OvaGirl said...

Baby o is very lucky indeed. Hugs to you all.
xxx

9:50 pm  
Blogger sbs said...

oh dear, misty eyed too. how unmanly.
get well soon, all of you.

12:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home