Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, Let Down Your Fear

I feel like I am cloistered in a damp, dark room, separated from the rest of the world. Looking through a little window but never venturing out. Not in a romantic Rapunzel-esque way. More like Ted Bundy in the days before he was electrocuted to death for biting debutantes' arses then killing them. Not that debutantes are my thing. I just feel a tad isolated. I watch other people being alive in the world and I'm amazed at their energy. These feelings may be linked to the fact that I did a two hour walk today up and down three hundred and fifty steps. With a pram. I swear I thought there was a boardwalk nearby. Just past those next hundred steps.

Another contributing factor to my feelings of exhaustion, nihilism and a slightly itchy punani is that I watched Tom Cruise on Oprah tonight. I reckon the Thetons from outer space that he believes in should come down to earth and split Tom Cruise's ego into thousands of tiny bits, to dish out to people with low self esteem. The man has enough ego to turn the most humble of souls into a self-centred wanker.

It must be fucking marvellous to be so sure of your own rightness. Or maybe I'm wrong.

2 Comments:

Blogger OvaGirl said...

FUCK I missed it. I so wanted to see that. The shorts and tantalising mentions in articles about his 'crazy love antics' both repulsed and fascinated me.

9:32 pm  
Blogger Lin said...

After watching that show (and Ova dear, it was indeed fascinating and repulsive), I now drive out of my way to avoid the scientology building in Hollywood (my granddaughter's preschool is a couple of blocks from their HQ) in case there's any weirdiness in the air that might make me turn my car around and drive it up their driveway and scream, SIGN ME UP!!

1:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home