Wednesday, April 27, 2005

My Brain Hurts Like Dysentery

Oh Horror. Spent the day with my script editor, otherwise known as The Most Successful Writer in Australia. Was very excited to have babysitter for the day so I could focus on work and feel like a functioning member of society for five hours. Within seconds, we got stuck. Spiralled into an abyss of terror where the script that I’ve spent a good part of three years working on suddenly seemed to have no merits whatsoever. I had to keep reminding him that he used to think the story was great, the characters interesting. We were sucked into a vortex of negativity. He told me the script makes a good paperweight. Should have done that medical degree when I had the chance and been a paediatric surgeon by now. Have this awful feeling in the pit of my stomach that is making me want to hurl. If I had a medical degree I’d know how to deal with that too.

Wonder whether it’s too late to pretend I’m eighteen and start again. Become important doctor and save children's lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home